Friday, April 20, 2007

A Bird in the Hand

I got this helpful comment today (see comments from Earth Day is my Birthday) from Ramona (thanks Ramona!) This is very helpful. In two weeks there is a sale of used Kayaks at a local outfitters (I will be recycling!) And your thoughts are very helpful. Your summer job options sound great - good luck!

One spring we had a late snowfall and when I went out to fill the feeders I had birds landing all over me! Purple finches, pine siskins, chickadees and a downy woodpecker took their turn. You are right, it is an absolute thrill - to feel the weightlessness yet vitality of a live bird on your hand is truly breathtaking! Here are photos of David and I feeding the birds that day.





Happy spring to you too! And Thanks for the birthday wishes - the weather is supposed to be gorgeous here for Earth Day!