Tuesday, April 17, 2007

David Francey wears environmentally friendly Baffin Boots - made in Canada!



David and I have worn Canadian made Baffin boots for as long as I can remember. They are sturdy, ever so fashionable!!! and nice and tall - just the way we like them! When David gets home I will post a photo of both of us in our boots!

We live in the country, we have dogs and we walk them rain or shine. These rubber boots last forever and are great for splashing through puddles like the ones on the third concession below...



...and through streams and spring runoff.

I have to admit, I still get a thrill when I step into moving water and wade in until it is just below the top of my boots. I did this as a kid and still do when I am looking for polliwogs, caddis fly nymphs, sticklebacks etc.

I am fascinated by the way the water pressure sucks the boots close to my legs and love the security of knowing that my feet will stay dry...that is until I take one step too far or slip on a rock or sink into the mud! You know what they say about small things? (does anyone else have the same boot fetish?)

I figure we spend 3/4 of the year in them and the other 1/3 in winter boots (also made by Baffin)

So...imagine my delight when I bought a brand new pair and this tag was attached to them!



What a great outfit! Now I feel even better about my purchase and I know what do with my old pair! If only all manufacturers had a similar policy! The world would look a little greener!

When David gets home for my birthday/Earthday I will get Colin to take a photo of us in our boots!

****If you wear Baffin boots, send us a photo! Better still, send us a photo of you in your rubber boots helping to keep our planet green!
(we are still on dial up so please keep your photos 100 dpi and no more than 6X6" - mail to photos@davidfrancey.com )